Broadsides (AKA stuff I didn’t like):
- Nothing really happens.
- It would be great to see a movie with strong female characters that actually believed female characters could be strong…
- … Underlining, highlighting, and putting exclamation points on every instance doesn’t read as very sincere.
- Are any of these people the least bit interesting other than John C. Reilly?
- Waste of John Goodman.
- I think I already forgot most of it.
Ballyhoos (AKA stuff I liked):
- John C. Reilly. He steals the show from the title character and adds some much-needed heart.
- That super campy prelude.
- The backstory. Brief and just interesting enough. Didn’t overwhelm everything else, either.
- Didn’t take itself too seriously.
- I did end up caring about Kong.